Graduate Business Diploma Instructor - #372169
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Instructors – Business Graduate Programs (BGP) – Competition ID: 3186
POSITION TYPE: 1 or 2 x NR1
POSITION START: May 1, 2024
KPU proudly offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers.
KPU endeavours to provide respectful learning and working environments that are inclusive and supportive of fair and equitable treatment of all members within its diverse community, no matter their social identity. Our campuses are located in the unceded traditional and ancestral lands of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwantlen, Musqueam, Katzie, Semiahmoo, Tsawwassen, Qayqayt, and Kwikwetlem.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s Melville School of Business mission is to:
- engage and inspire students of diverse backgrounds, ages, and aspirations
- deliver industry-desired skills and knowledge-based education through innovative experiential learning
- to foster collaboration across all of our constituent groups that drives change and new practices.
The Melville School of Business is one of the largest undergraduate business schools in Western Canada, comprised of over 250 business faculty, 3,500 full-time students, and 9,000 students annually enrolled in one of our 22 programs. Awarded international accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), the School meets their rigorous educational standards and stands as one of the few internationally accredited business schools in the province of British Columbia.
KPU’s graduate diplomas in business administration offer students opportunities to grow their knowledge while developing the skills and tools required to keep learning long after completing their coursework. The programs offer practical research and knowledge that can help students become leaders in their field.
The Melville School of Business offers two graduate diplomas in business administration in our Business Graduate Programs (BGP) department:
- Global Business Management (GLBM) – Designed for individuals who want to actively and constructively participate in global business opportunities and challenges.
- Green Business Management and Sustainability (GRMT) – Suited to professionals who are venturing into management at companies that embody or are embracing sustainability.
Our faculty team draws from all business disciplines in the Melville School of Business. They have extensive real-world experience in their field; a commitment to staying current that ranges from formal academic achievements (Masters, PhDs), to professional designations, as well ongoing professional development and a passion for teaching. In our small classes, we are committed to applied, student-centered learning environments that bring together students, instructors, guest facilitators, and industry experts.
The Melville School of Business offers courses online as well as in person at all five of our campuses (Cloverdale, Langley, Richmond, Surrey, and Surrey Civic Plaza). In-person classes for these positions are provided at our Surrey Civic Plaza campus on evenings and Saturdays. Faculty are expected to be available to teach in person and occasionally online.
The Business Graduate Programs Department (BGP) is seeking to add one or two Non-Regular NR1 faculty member(s). Preference will be given to applicants who are able to teach the courses listed below:
GRMT 6130 Principles of Green and Clean Technologies for Business and Society’s Sustainability
IBUS 6140 Advanced Topics in International Business and Economics
More information concerning the working conditions for a faculty member are outlined in Article 12 of the Kwantlen Faculty Association (KFA) Collective Agreement
- Education: Master's degree and be academically qualified to teach course content; PhD preferred in an area related to Green Business Management
- Appropriate professional designations (where applicable) related to the course to be taught is an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- a minimum of 5 years of related industry experience at an organizational impact level directly related to courses taught
- in-person and online teaching experience at the university level in a teaching focused, applied, multicultural environment
- experience teaching equivalent graduate or upper-level undergraduate courses
- an ongoing practice of teaching professional development, as indicated by an ISW/FDW certificate, BC PID, seminars, SoTL contributions, or similar
- A track record of meaningful community engagement and service with an organization’s internal and external colleagues/partners is considered an asset
Please apply via the KPU Career Centre at https://www.kpu.ca/hr/career-opportunities and submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the courses you feel you are qualified to teach and how these relate to your professional experience. Please also include a statement of your teaching philosophy, copies of post-secondary transcripts and evidence of relevant certificates in your application. For all application documents, please quote competition 3186.
Placement on the salary scale will be dependent on level of education and relevant teaching experience. Advancement up the pay scale is based on FTE and employment status.
This competition could also be used to add candidates to our Qualified Faculty List, therefore also please indicate on your application if you are interested in being added to this list.
Why Join KPU?
- Recognized as one of B.C.'s Top Employers
- KPU is committed to actively fostering an equitable and inclusive working environment
- Hybrid environment
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – College Pension Plan
- Extended Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Emergency Travel Assistance, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Teledoc
- Vacation, Professional Development and Accountable Time
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Campus work environment, outdoor sitting areas and nearby walking trails
- Campus athletic and fitness centers with a variety of instructor-led classes
- Tuition waiver program – eligible to waive tuition costs of courses at KPU equivalent to 3 credits per semester
- Inhouse training and development
- Networking and social events such as KPU Day, Holiday Social etc.
- Intercampus shuttle
- Access to automotive, horticulture, brewery and other programs’ services
- Clubs: Jeopardy, Toastmasters, E-sports, Ted Talks etc.
- Library and Bookstore (discounts)
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at [email protected].
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.