Manager, Liquidity Assumptions - Intraday Liquidity - #372165
Manager, Liquidity Assumptions - Intraday Liquidity431950BR
Job Category - PrimaryFinance / Accounting
Work LocationTD Centre - TD Tower - 66 Wellington Street West
Time TypeFull Time
We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Department OverviewThe Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM) department of TD Bank is responsible for overseeing the management of TD Bank’s: non-trading market risk, liquidity risk and capital position
The Liquidity Risk Management team within TBSM is responsible for ensuring the Bank maintains sufficient cash, investments, and funding positions to permit the Bank to operate effectively during both normal operations and stressed market conditions. The team identifies, measures, and forecasts the Bank's liquidity needs and risks and takes actions to maintain a strong risk profile. The team works with partners across the Bank to manage liquidity risk and ensure its costs and drivers are well understood
Job DetailsThe Manager, Liquidity Assumptions – Intraday Liquidity oversees the assumption review processes, ensuring quality, speed, and effectiveness. This role focuses on mitigating both excessively conservative and overly aggressive intraday liquidity reserve assumptions, ensuring a appropriate level of intraday liquidity reserves. The position involves in-depth investigations into intraday liquidity risk and crisis documentation. The goal is to develop a qualitative understanding of intraday liquidity risk
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading Forums: Spearhead the "Intraday Liquidity Risk Review" Forum to assess the Bank's performance against risk metrics as per risk policies, and "Intraday Liquidity Business Management" forum to review how businesses contribute to liquidity usage and instigate impactful changes
- Framework and Reserve Assumption Ownership: Responsible for reviewing the intraday liquidity risk framework and intraday liquidity reserve assumptions.
- Risk Identification and Documentation: Conduct thorough investigations and develop understanding of intraday liquidity risk from various business activities, considering detail cash and settlement operational cycles and legal obligations details. Ensure a comprehensive understanding and documentation of key Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs) during crisis situations. Understand impact to intraday liquidity from new initiatives and product launches
- Develop Intraday Liquidity Contingency Funding Plan
- Stress Testing Owner: Own the creation and review of stress testing assumptions. Implement stress testing assumptions into the system and ensure effective stress testing implementation
- Resolution / Recovery Plan Support
Job RequirementsRequired skill and competencies of this position are:
- Demonstrated capability to embrace agile principles and exercise flexibility to achieve accurate results under tight timelines
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with partners across the firm
- Ability to interface effectively and build strong relationships with various TD partners
- Strong project mindset, able to identify solutions and execute to conclusion
- Team player with proven business judgement and problem-solving skills
- Proven strategic thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who understands the value of operational excellence
- Familiarity with world-wide intraday liquidity rules and regulations
- Excellent PC skills: Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Alteryx or Tableau is an asset.
Specific experience and education requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of treasury or finance related work experience.
- Experience and familiarity with liquidity risk management, funding, cash management, payment operations, and/or other treasury disciplines with a regulatory focus.
- Experience and familiarity with technology delivery and operational process build.
Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you
InclusivenessOur Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job FamilyTreasury & Balance Sheet Mgmt
Job Category(s)Finance / Accounting
Careers Web Site CitiesCanada-Ontario-Toronto