Clinical Research Coordinator I - #372164
University Health Network
JOB TITLE: Clinical Research Coordinator I
Job Posting #: 928848
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Department of Medical Oncology $ Hematology
Reports to: Senior Research Program Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $79, 903 - $99,879 annually : To commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy
Status: Temporary Full Time (18 months, possibility of renewal)
Posted Date: February 9, 2024
Closing Date: March 10, 2024
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
This clinical research position is within the McCain Centre for Pancreatic Cancer, HPB Oncology Research at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Our portfolio includes epidemiological, translational and clinical research led by a multidisciplinary group of clinician scientists. Our focus on genomics, biomarkers and novel therapeutics make this an exciting position for research personnel with basic/translational and clinical knowledge and interests.
This position is integral to the success of our rapidly expanding research program. As a clinical research coordinator, you will be responsible for;
- Considering all patients for research participation across the pancreatic cancer program portfolio. This role includes referral screening, patient interaction/consenting, patient tracking, study tests/visit coordination, research rounds coordination, correlative science management and potential operating/procedure room attendance.
- Responsibilities may also include database management, data entry, monitoring, and promoting the quality and integrity of data, compilation of ethics and regulatory documents, protocol development, REB/CAPCR submissions.
- The successful candidate will have experience as a clinical research coordinator and/or project manager in a clinical setting (preferably oncology).
- The successful candidate will have vision, dedication and flexibility in growing and promoting the program.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum); research-related Master's degree strongly preferred
- Minimum (3) years clinical research experience required: (e.g., study coordination; involvement/ management of randomized control trial studies; database design/set-up; data collection/management; questionnaire administration; data entry; literature searches, etc.)
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, with the ability to set priorities and work well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Previous experience using data management (e.g., Microsoft Office Access, Excel) and statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS or SPSS; SPSS preferred) required
- Previous experience working on grant and ethics applications required
- Previous experience working in cancer-related research and/or with medically ill patients would be an asset
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
- Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
- Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
- Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.