Food and Beverage Service Manager - #362202
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited
North Bay, Ontario Food and Beverage Match Eatery & Public House Full-Time (Regular)
Position at Cascades Casino
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
You are a service expert who thrives in the dynamic world of the dining room. On that note, meet Atlas Steak + Fish, a contemporary and flirty take on the iconic North American steakhouse. Guided by a commitment to superior ingredients, global flavours, unique cooking techniques, and engaging service, Atlas is looking for someone like you ? a Steakhouse Service Manager who can match our standards.
You know how to throw a good party and make everyone feel special and welcome. In this key role, you will oversee steakhouse operations while providing management support in the dining room. You will also help in attracting and maintaining guests by assisting in developing marketing assets on social and traditional media. You drive the success of our steakhouse through the promotion of events and products and ensure premier customer service and product knowledge for our guests.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Maintains and demonstrates expert knowledge of upcoming events, products, and promotions.
- Ensures profitability of steakhouse operations by achieving financial and performance goals.
- Supervises the shift operation, including all employee and guest related functions.
- Motivates employees to provide excellence in service and ensures our guests experience exceeds their expectations.
- Actively participates in the training and instruction of employees in proper food handling procedures, quality service standards and all other department procedures.
- Manages team efficiencies as it pertains to the operation?s needs.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures which includes but is not limited to cash-outs and daily sales reporting.
- Maintains compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for cash management activities.
- Enforces Serving It Right and company policies on guest?s consumption of alcohol.
What You Bring
- Three years? supervisory experience in a high-volume, full-service fine dining restaurant or 4-star hotel and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- World Host/Super Host certificate or similar customer service programs.
- WHMIS training preferred.
- Wine knowledge or experience as a Wine Steward an asset.
- Excellent communication skills ? both speaking and written.
- Working knowledge with computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, email internet navigation, and presentation software.
- Experience with Point of Sale system.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Goal driven and organized.
- High level of customer service skills, ability to communicate with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities.
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.