Cook Team Member - Overnight - #362198
Real Food For Real Kids
Organization: Real Food for Real Kids
Location: East End of Toronto, ON
Hours of work: Full time, Monday to Friday, 12am - 8am
Compensation: $19/hour, ($2.00 premium between 12am-6am)
Perks: 2 weeks vacation + 8 PAID Personal Days per year, Group Health Benefits and more
About Real Food For Real Kids:
Real Food for Real Kids (RFRK) is a growing company on a mission to make real food the standard rather than the exception.
A multiple award-winning company recognized for excellence and innovation, we’re a leading healthy catering company for child care centres, schools and camps. RFRK proudly serves nutritious meals and snacks to thousands of children throughout the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area every day. We’ve also recently launched our Real Food Kitchen Delivery service (https://realfoodkitchen.ca/) to get our yummy food directly into households. Having recently received HACCP certification, we’re well poised for growth into new markets and planning for significant expansion over the coming years.
Our production team is looking for a fantastic person who enjoys cooking to join us as a cook team member. If you like the sound of us so far, keep reading to see if you have the experience and skills needed for this rewarding role!
About the Role:
Cook team members contribute to the preparation for that day's meals. You'll perform routine kitchen duties such as setting up workstations, and following recipes. The Cook Team Member is proactive in health and safety matters, ensuring all rules are being followed. The Cook Team Member will consistently work as a member of a fast-paced, busy environment in a team setting.
Some of the things you’ll get paid to do:
- Assist with high volume food production
- Cook and portion hot food items
- Organize, weigh, and count food items
- Maintain food safety standards and comply with work instructions
- Ensure that items being produced meet our quality and food safety standards and bring issues to the attention of the Quality Assurance Team or Production leaders
- Contribute to team metrics and team meetings
Clean Work Environment
- Maintain a clean working area
- Keep fridges and freezers organized
- Carefully follow health and safety rules
- Other duties as required
- High school graduate/diploma
- Positive attitude, with a passion to get things done right!
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work on your feet for an 8-hour shift
- Comfortable lifting 25kg repetitively
- Attention to cleanliness
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic math skills, including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Experience working in a busy kitchen or production facility
- First Aid Training
- Food Handler’s Certificate
Working at RFRK comes with other perks too:
- Employee Savings Program (RRSP Matching)
- Group Health Benefits (after 3 months of employment)
- Two weeks vacation to start with set milestones for more
- 8 Paid Personal Days (after 3 months of employment)
- $500/ year to spend on Professional Development
- Mentorship Program
To apply, please upload your résumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, explaining why you’d be a great fit for this role. If you meet almost all of the requirements and are not sure if you should apply, apply anyway! We may see something special in your application that sets you apart from the rest.
Real Food for Real Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace and at all levels of our organisation. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls or emails, please. We’ll contact applicants who fit the bill, and invite them in for an interview.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Thanks for your interest in Real Food for Real Kids!
Copyright 2023 Real Food for Real Kids, All rights reserved.