Shop Technician - #362197
Applied Industrial Technologies
Our Purpose is to help our Customers, our Associates, our Suppliers, our Communities and our Shareholders in Achieving Superior Performance! This is what Applied Canada stands for. Applied is a leading value-added distributor of bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power components and systems, specialty flow control solutions, and other industrial supplies, serving MRO and OEM customers. With over 50 facilities located across Canada and 650 Associates, Applied supports the steel, mining, forestry, agriculture, automotive, oil and gas, food processing, power generation, pulp and paper, and transportation industries, just to name a few. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial, fluid power, and flow control applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber, fluid power, and flow control shop services.
Travel is anticipated to be approximately 50%-75% of the time, with overnight stays required dependent on business needs. In this role, you’ll leverage all that hands-on experience & expertise in Hydraulics, Lubrication, and Fluid Power and put it to good use helping us to support our customers and gain new ones while leading the charge in this area as your work helps to support the industry’s best sales teams.
- Work in a safe manner, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Work in a team environment to efficiently achieve a high standard of quality and service to Applied’ s extensive customer base
- Communicate clearly with internal and external customers and team members
- Ability to maintain cooperative and productive team relationships
- Co-ordinate and execute lubrication and fluid power field service work including, installations, repairs, troubleshooting and commissioning
- Work with shop administrator to identify parts, services and hours of work required to accurately, and profitably, quote customers on field service work
- Work with leadership to ensure assigned field service vehicles and essential service equipment are properly maintained and utilized.
- Responsibly manage inventory, equipment and consumables on service assignments
- Field Service Duties may include:
- New project work building, assembling, testing & commissioning Power Units, Mobile Equipment, etc
- Travel to customer site
- Out of town work
- Trouble shooting of systems and components
- Fluid Conveyance installations
- Flushing & Purification of fluids in hydraulic systems
- Service/Installations of Automated Lubrication systems
- Other duties as required
- 5 years of proven Hydraulic repair experience is required. Preferably field service related
- A background in Lubrication is preferred, however, training can will be provided
- Welding experience/DC wiring experience would be an asset
- Certification in related fields would be an asset
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated, detail oriented
- Ability to read, interpret and apply codes, standards, specifications, and drawings
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured and/or critical deadlines
- Service orientated, ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate sound judgment with an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical findings in writing and verbally.
- Ability to clearly communicate work instructions to shop personnel in order to document and preserve evidence of failure.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
You will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. We encourage you to contribute fresh new ideas. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation and bonus opportunities
- Health, vision, and dental coverage, RRSP w/ company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunities for development
- Company supported community involvement opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic prohibited by law.