Pest Control Technician - Rentokil (Canada) - #343056
Pest Control Technician
Rentokil Canada Corporation is a member of the Rentokil family of companies, the global leader in Pest Control across more than 80 countries. At Rentokil Canada Corporation, we believe providing our team members a career path with growth and earning potential is essential to our success as an organization. We support our self-motivated team’s professional development and personal goals with an environment that provides ongoing training, financial incentives for excellence, and additional rewards for growing the volume of Rentokil Canada Corporation business.
Rentokil Canada Corporation’s Pest Control Technicians will use the comprehensive knowledge provided by their training to ensure a pest-free environment where our customers live and work. This position works closely with each customer to assess their needs, identify the specific pest issues, select and deliver the appropriate services to protect the location, and maximize customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Pest Control - Conduct inspections to determine the source of pest activity. Select and build a solution of products and services to remedy pest presence. Perform pest treatments and install products to create a pest-free environment. Operate and maintain service vehicles and equipment.
- Customer Experience – Build customer relationships through friendly, helpful, and courteous behavior during service visits. Listen to customer needs and offer solutions to pest issues and recommend appropriate services to resolve customer concerns. Identify and alert customers of additional service offerings that will provide value to the customer.
- Continuous Learning – Become knowledgeable in the array of available Rentokil Canada Corporation products and services through provided, paid training. Stay current on the latest developments, trends, technology, and regulations in the pest control industry. Participate in employer-provided training on new methods, products, and services in the Rentokil Canada Corporation range of pest control solutions. Obtain and maintain licenses/certificates required by federal, provincial, and local regulations funded by Rentokil Canada Corporation
- Successfully meet pre-employment background screen
- Possess a valid driver’s license and undergo motor vehicle driving record check
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Customer-facing experience preferred
Other Skills, Attributes, and Abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Open to learning and becoming knowledgeable in the area of pest control
- Comfortable with self-directed working conditions after a training period
Why Choose Rentokil Canada Corporation?
A career with Rentokil Canada Corporation is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil Canada Corporation has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counselling services and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- Retirement Savings plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, (and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days
- Company-Paid Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Want to hear Colleague feedback on what it's like to be on our team? Check us out on Glassdoor! Glassdoor - Rentokil North America
Rentokil Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Rentokil Canada Corporation is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.