Intermediate Environmental Project Manager - #343051
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Environmental Project Manager to join our team! In this role you will get to manage environmental site assessments, as well as remediation projects of varying size and complexity, which would include supervision of junior professional staff and technical staff involved in the field investigations, budget control, client liaison and report preparation and review.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports and presentations (for regulators / clients and senior personnel).
- Ability to manage inter-disciplinary teams of professionals and supporting labour categories.
- Ability to integrate competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during work execution. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Works with other managers, and project team members, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Chemical, Engineering or related technical/business field
- 4+ years of experience in the environmental industry.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and knowledge of industry practices and regulations (including, but not limited to: Alberta Tier 1 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines, and Alberta Tier 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines).
- A diverse background in environmental site assessment, remediation, risk assessment, field sampling (soils, groundwater, and surface water) and reclamation would be considered an asset.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+ We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.