Field Electrical Technologist / Engineer (FT) - #343048
Precision Drilling Corporation
Date: 1 week ago
City: Nisku, AB
Contract type: Full time
Precision Drilling has an opening for an Field Electrical Technician/Engineer, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, long-term disability coverage, a free fitness membership steps away from our offices and product discount programs.
- Casual work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Competitive vacation and PTO offering including afternoons off before a long weekend.
The EverGreen Integration Technician is responsible for the successful deployment & integration of EverGreen Technologies onto and within Precision’s Drilling Rig Fleet. Precision’s EverGreen Technologies enable clients to monitor and reduce their operational environmental impact. The ideal candidate will possess a strong, working knowledge of rig control systems, rig power systems, and industrial battery design.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for all EverGreen solutions requiring integration into rig power systems.
- Leverage expertise in operation, support, and troubleshooting of all relevant EverGreen equipment deployed or being deployed.
- Coordinate efforts to procure all required equipment for successful product deployments.
- Raise, track, manage project budgets and work orders within business systems like SAP.
- Own strategic vendor relationships by developing and monitoring KPIs, holding vendor(s) accountable to mutually agreed deliverables.
- Act as a liaison for product line issues with Sales, Operations and Rig Technology.
- Capture, distribute, and implement lessons learned after performing root cause analysis for deployment issues.
- Assist engineering with design and review of rig systems and integration into rig systems.
- Field visits and travel to remote rig-sites across North America as required.
- Review and contribute to customer presentations, ensuring accurate representation of EverGreen’s capabilities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to create and maintain systems to help track outstanding issues, performance and progress.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Associated Office Applications (MS Word, Excel, MS Projects).
- Willingness to take ownership of projects/tasks that arise.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Committed to safe work culture.
- Good communication in both verbal and written mediums.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and team player.
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring skills.
- SAP Experience a plus.
- Journeyman Electrician, or Technical Degree in relevant field like Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with drilling rig control systems.
- Strong working knowledge of drilling rig activities.
- Working knowledge of drilling rig electrical systems, communications protocols, and measurement systems.
- Working knowledge of drilling rig power systems, integrations, and control schemes.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.
The Davey Tree Expert Company, Nisku, AB
12 hours ago
Arborist Apprentice Additional Locations: na Primary Locations: Alberta, Nisku, 3800-13 Street, T9E 1C6 Requisition ID: 184044 Position Overview As an Arborist Apprentice with Davey Tree you will begin to gain exposure on all aspects of the Arborist role. You will spend your day in the field supporting Arborists all while ensuring a clean, safe, and organized site. In time Davey...
Airswift, Nisku, AB
6 days ago
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50...
Weinrich Contracting Ltd., Nisku, AB
1 week ago
Dozer Operator At WCL, we pride ourselves on being the premier company on which Albertans rely for civil and oilfield projects. We specialize in excavation, road construction, subdivision development, oil and gas, energy and industrial site preparation, and general contracting. Since 1978, WCL has maintained a rapid growth rate, now employing over 200 employees in peak season. Each piece of...