Solution Manager III - #218166
About this opportunity
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Ericsson is enjoying outstanding success with 5G in North America, where we have been awarded major deals with all large operators in the U.S. and Canada. Together with our customers, we are crafting and implementing the most sophisticated 5G Core networks in the market thanks to our technology leadership in cloud-native applications and our global scale in R&D, sales, and service delivery.
Over the next several years, we will enable exciting new services for consumers and enterprises and lead a new industrial revolution thanks to 5G. Now, we’re seeking the best of the best to join us on this journey.
The Packet Core Solution Manager will lead progressive solution development and evolution to 5G Core and Cloud Technologies! Working with a Service Providers, Enterprises and MSOs you will help define solutions that help monetize the 5G Core Investments. This includes solution creation and development for Ericsson’s market-leading solutions across the Ericsson Portfolio. You will work with multi-functional teams of Solution Architects, Software Developers, Business Unit, and Customer Units to secure profitable outcomes.
This position is in the Ericsson Digital Services organization and reports to the Packet Core & Communication Services Director of Pre-Sales & Solutions.
What you will do
- Perform complex research and analysis of market, technology, standards, customer requirements and competitor trends for the development of Service Provider solutions.
- Prepare market requirement specifications for new and/or enhanced solutions.
- Collaborate with Ericsson product management groups for Ericsson Cloud Core and 5G Core to secure the development of solutions that meet the customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Build customer proposals including statement of compliance, product dimensioning, services prioritization, and technical proposal documentation.
- Collaborate with the Services Delivery & Operations organization to ensure that Engineering, Network Deployment, and Integration services are developed and delivered.
- Lead interaction with relevant third-party solutions providers and alliances.
- You will provide technical leadership and management of critical network performance issues and build long-term relationships and position Ericsson as a preferred business partner in the Network Functions domain.
You will bring
- BS Degree from an accredited university and 10 plus years of experience in technology leadership. An MBA Degree is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of 5G Core, UDM, LTE, and NFV/Cloud Native technologies.
- Knowledge of Public/Hybrid Cloud, Orchestration, Security and IoT.
- Extensive knowledge of related communications technologies 3GPP, IETF, Edge, etc.]
- Outstanding business development skills, a creative attitude with the ability to efficiently present business-driven solutions to customers at all levels, demonstrating the value of the proposed solution.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills for working directly with external customers.
- Experience building customer relationships at various organizational levels, from new hires to C-level.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
You might also have:
- A strong understanding of end-user applications and their impact on the overall network performance.
- Experience defining New Business Models.
- Knowledge of devices and radio networks.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at [email protected]
The health, safety and well-being of our employees is our priority. Successful applicants will be required to disclose their vaccination status prior to employment. Except for those positions designated as 100% remote, successful applicants who did not provide the required proof of vaccination will be required to test weekly and wear masks at all Ericsson and customer facilities. This includes employees with medical or religious exemptions with testing as an accommodation. Compliance with government and customer requirements regarding vaccination may preclude unvaccinated applicants from employment for a particular job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Canada : Ontario : Toronto