Contract Instructor - #187792
Leavitt Machinery Canada Inc.
The Materials Handling Consultant Trainer is responsible for providing a professional presentation of Leavitt’s end-user products using the applicable standards for BC and Alberta. Prior mobile equipment operation and training experience is required.
The incumbent must have flexibility with scheduling as this position requires you to accommodate customer scheduling and adjust workdays, accordingly, including daytime and evening classes. Both a willingness to travel and weekend availability are requirements. The Trainer will work interactively with Sales Representatives to ensure that appropriate client information is captured and that market strategies are implemented effectively. Remuneration is provided on a contract basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver training in group or individual hands-on sessions
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of each of our product lines
- Deliver consultative training programs in a variety of training environments
- Building strong relationships with our customers and ensuring that details of customer interaction are communicated to office staff
- Additional duties as may be assigned
- Prior experience operating mobile equipment, leading teams in an industrial or construction setting, instructing groups or post-secondary education/profession accreditation in a related discipline is recommended
- Flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, willingness to travel
- WHMIS certification and Level 1 First Aid certification
- Good understanding of Alberta and B.C. legislative and regulatory framework relating to OH&S
- Proven experience in interpreting and administering the code and regulations
- Experience in adult learning techniques in designing and delivery of programs
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and who works well with minimal supervision
- A valid Driver’s License and transportation are required
- Preference will be given to any individuals that possess the Energy Safety Canada Instructor Skills Development (ISD) designation