Finance Business Partner - Advisor - #163668
Finance Business Partner - Advisor
- Be a part of an organization that is safety-driven and values inclusion
- Key role where there is opportunity to grow your project management capabilities
- Labrador City has plenty of exciting year-round activities for all to enjoy!
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to prepare and track budgets and costs for the area under his/her responsibility, and to prepare and publish financial information for his/her area of activity to improve decision making for area management.
This position is an excellent opportunity to ensure that the organization’s financial policies and process are in compliance with generally accepted account practices, company financial policies and procedures, and to ensure that financial information and resources are maximized to the benefit of the organization. The role will be based in Labrador City.
Reporting to the Manager Finance Business Partnering, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and publishing the annual budget and quarterly forecasts in collaboration with the area under his/her responsibility, taking into account established financial and operating criteria.
- Helping prepare financial statements in accordance with internal Rio Tinto policies and the various laws, regulations and accounting principles in effect.
- Producing various financial analysis reports, including variance explanations, for monthly publication or to meet specific needs.
- Tracking costs and budgets for operating expenses in the sectors under his/her responsibility, and makes the necessary adjustments to monthly financial reports.
- Initiating and actively participating in the improvement of methods and processes by helping to provide data, proposing ideas and collaborating so as to improve cost control.
- Drafting reports on area of responsibility; attending meetings with departments, in order to keep them informed and discuss expenses related to budget, forecasts and operating changes with an impact on the business
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree Business / Accounting, CPA designation an asset
- 2-10 years related experience in a similar industry
- Primary language: English, Bilingualism beneficial
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, SAP, BPC
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive shareownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employeediscounts
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
We are a leading North American producer and exporter of premium iron ore pellets and high-grade concentrate with average iron grades greater than 66%. With a team of over 2,400 employees, IOC is committed to providing value and continuity for our customers, employees, communities and shareholders through our unique mine to port approach, taking advantage of our full integration and wholly owned infrastructure to deliver our high-quality concentrate and pellets to our customers across the globe.
IOC’s operations include a mine with five operational pits, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant located near Labrador City in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. We also operate a wholly-owned 418 km railway, the Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway (QNS&L), that links our Labrador operations to Company-owned port facilities in Sept-Iles.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.